Chief Executive - Cumberland Council
Share this role
- Cumbria LGR Programme
- circa £170,000
- Closing date:
- 4th July at 9am
- Job Ref:
This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape and lead a brand new council. An ambitious council that will shape public services for the better, building on the best and transforming public services for the future.
As our first Chief Executive, you will be at the forefront of this change, making the most of the opportunities it creates for our residents. Situated in the Lake District National Park, we also have significant urban and coastal settlements and face many challenges and opportunities. We have the power of the City of Carlisle and the strength of our nuclear industry, which together will be the basis of our future economic success. Even more important than our focus on driving economic success will be our determination to drive better public health outcomes for our residents.
You will be an experienced local government leader with exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills, and a track record of driving large scale transformation. Most importantly, you will be committed to ensuring we make the most of our considerable economic and natural strengths to deliver the best possible outcomes for our residents and businesses.
For further information please contact our executive search partners GatenbySanderson: Seb Lowe (07464 543 442) or Tim Hills (07393 011 130).
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one must be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for the preferred candidate only, and shared with the Appointments Committee prior to Full Council ratification of the appointment.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Seb Lowe
- 07464 543 442
- Tim Hills
- 0113 205 6085